All sizes are in pixels.
- Home page slider: 1000 x 300
- Featured image / home page featured items: 670 x 420
- Images set into posts or articles: any size you want; maximum width of 670.
These are short videos (each under five minutes), showing how to accomplish the most common tasks in WordPress.
To view a video in full-screen, click this icon at the bottom of its frame:
Introduction to the back end/dashboard
How to find the page or post you want to edit
Other videos will show more detail on the editing process; this one is mostly how to find what you’re looking for.
How to copy and paste text from a document, create subheads, a bulleted list…
…and — oops! I ran out of time! Part 1 of using the editing buttons.(See Part 2 below.)
Part 2 of using the editing buttons
Create links to web pages and emails.
Why isn’t my change showing up?
If you’ve made a change and it’s not showing up on the website, that’s probably due to one or more of the following reasons:
1. If it’s a post, did you select one or more categories? Many of the pages on this website use categories to determine where items are displayed. If you created a blog post, for example, but didn’t choose the appropriate blog category, it won’t show up in your blog.
2. Did you click the Publish or Update button once you were done making changes?
3. Did you click the “Refresh” button on your browser?
How to create an email link
Uploading multiple files at one time.
How to create text that links to a document or media file
Use this same method for making links to both documents (such as a pdf or doc) and audio files or podcasts.
Featured image vs. inserted image
Explains the difference between a featured image and an inserted image: where they display and how to place them.
How to log out
Adding new users? Make sure you set their permissions role to an appropriate level. This chart shows who can do what.
Is there something you need right away? Email Jana.